Title: Dashboard & Analytics Internship
Seattle WA/Los Angeles CA/Telecommuting considered
“All data has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
Have you got an eye for beauty, when others only see lines and graphs? Do you delight in interrogating the numbers to reveal their hidden truths about business, process and technology? You’ve always known yours is a talent worth pursuing, but haven’t yet found that opportunity to fully employ your capabilities.
Look no further….
You start by building a thorough understanding of business processes and the underlying systems and data structures. This knowledge allows you to carry out the data analysis, trending, forecasting and reporting, to provide meaningful management information.
But you don’t stop there.
You continuously improve the quality, accuracy, integrity and value of the data, tweaking it to enable the data to evolve to information, then knowledge and finally wisdom. Now everyone sees the beauty!
In the aviation world, data is king. Have you got what it takes to be part of this world?
At Zeevo, we specialize in aircraft leasing, but we don’t stop there! With diverse work spanning from advisory services, software development, business intelligence and much more, an internship with us could lead you to the biggest challenge of your career!
We’re looking for a sharp analytical thinker, who is curious and eager to learn in a team environment. As a member of our Technology Consulting team, you’ll further your knowledge, work on real-world client assignments, and understand the most critical technology challenges facing businesses today. Join us, and contribute to developing and implementing clients’ IT strategy, effectively plan for the future, and enhance their current business capabilities.
Zeevo brings experts with real world, industry experience to each client project. We deliver proven results! By leveraging finance, technology, and operational experience, and using tested and proven program and project management techniques, we help our clients move forward and stay at the forefront of the industry.
As a Dashboard & Analytics Intern you will provide support to teams within our advisory services practice. Not only will you work as an individual contributor, but also as a team player across multiple teams. You will interact with a diverse team and support Zeevo’s client engagement team leaders across industries and service offerings. As a dashboard developer, you will support design, develop, deploy, and maintain numerous dashboards as well as create analytics solutions for both internal and client-facing projects.
The Dashboard & Analytics Intern will lead or contribute on one or more projects in the following areas:
- Create and cleanse demos, tools, visuals, and analyses for Zeevo client-facing situations.
- Encourage collaborative efforts and camaraderie with on-shore and off-shore team members.
- Understand the business process, the systems that support the process, and the underlying data structures.
- Understand the links between the various diverse systems, and to translate these links into technical queries to facilitate an end-to-end view of data across all systems.
- Be able to translate a business request for data, information, metric, measurement or analysis into a technical data requirement, and to draw meaningful conclusion from the result.
- To assist the process owners in optimizing processes by analyzing information to identify areas for improvement, proposing alternative solutions to address the problems, and delivering information to measure the outcome.
- Automate the reporting function as far as possible to reduce time spent working on repetitive tasks.
Skills & Experience
- A solid understanding of data models, in particular relational models for database management systems (DBMS)
- Support design, development, deployment and maintenance of internal Zeevo dashboards, including but not limited to operations, resourcing, and sales using tools including Tableau, Qlik and Microsoft SQL Server Analysis/Reporting Services.
- Ability to work well within a team, particularly in a virtual mode with remote resources
- Strong project management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Maintain project timelines
- Passion for aviation and technology
- Ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrate the ability to translate a business requirement for information into Management Information which provides the business with true insight into the efficiency / effectiveness of the process.
- Simplicity enthusiast / problem solver (find the simplest solution to a problem)
- Greater good / no jerks (what’s best for the team, not for personal gain)
- Sense of humor (the glue that keeps us working together harmoniously)
- Humble & open minded (always open to new ideas and approaches)
- Client-centric (loves to help clients and others)
- Self-directed & dependable (trusted to provide what is needed without being managed)
Master’s degree preferred, but open to undergraduate students who can demonstrate strong interest in what we do.
Why Work for Zeevo Group
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, the opportunities available to you at Zeevo will help you realize your career aspirations.
Zeevo is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Please note this job description is not comprehensive of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.
Apply for this position