Title: Client Service, Internal Audit
Seattle WA/Los Angeles CA/Telecommuting considered
Have a passion for how it’s “supposed to be done”? You love looking at how things work, then figuring out ways to improve them. Problem solving is a way of life for you: mentally you’re always analyzing what could be done better by better designing and implementing well-controlled business processes.
We’re looking for a sharp analytical thinker, who is curious and eager to deliver in a team environment. As a member of our Internal Audit team, you’ll further your knowledge, work on client projects, and understand the most critical challenges facing businesses today.
You need to understand business processes, including internal controls, identify business risks, and work with client management to identify resolutions to mitigate risks. A position in internal audit offers an excellent opportunity to work with a wide variety of businesses and organizations across industries on challenging risk management issues.
Join us, and contribute to developing and enhancing clients’ control environments strategy, effectively planning for the future, and enhancing their current business capabilities.
At Zeevo, we specialize in aircraft leasing, but we don’t stop there! With diverse work spanning from advisory services, software development, business intelligence and much more, a position with us could lead you to the biggest challenge of your career!
Zeevo brings experts with real world, industry experience to each client project. We deliver proven results! By leveraging finance, technology, and operational experience, and using tested and proven program and project management techniques, we help our clients move forward and stay at the forefront of the industry.
As an Internal Audit professional, you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of the fundamental control responsibilities of the controllership function, while gaining excellent exposure to business leadership.
In this role, you’ll help clients apply leading-solutions to solve some of their most challenging business and operational issues. You’ll also work with a team of diverse and talented technology consultants and get first-hand exposure to the challenges and opportunities in this exciting career.
The Internal Audit professional will lead or contribute on one or more projects in the following areas:
- Contributing to delivering consulting engagements for clients
- Performing the “In-Charge” role for small, medium, and large projects, which includes supervising team members assigned to audit activities
- Planning, executing, and delivering audits, assessments, and investigations across finance, operations, and IT environments
- Monitoring remediation activities
- Serving as a liaison between External Audit resources and client team members
- Participating in discussions and creating relationships with professionals across business segments and corporate functions
- Providing support and feedback to business counterparts in the finance, operations, and IT environments
- Mentoring others with less experience and provide engagement review feedback throughout projects
- Helping to bridge the gap between business needs and technology solutions through innovative designs
Skills & Experience
- CPA/CIA certified or eligible
- Extensive GAAP knowledge with 2-3 years of experience in audit and/or as a lead financial person in an operation or staff function
- An internal audit background via an undergraduate degree or work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team, particularly in a virtual mode with remote resources
- Strong project management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Enthusiastic toward empowering and developing people
- Willingly gives and receives feedback
- Accepts accountability for outcomes and results
- Simplicity enthusiast / problem solver (find the simplest solution to a problem)
- Greater good / no jerks (what’s best for the team, not for personal gain)
- Sense of humor (the glue that keeps us working together harmoniously)
- Humble & open minded (always open to new ideas and approaches)
- Client-centric (love to help clients and others)
- Self-directed & dependable (trusted to provide what is needed without being managed)
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Accounting, Auditing, Business, Finance, Economics or Information Systems
- Post qualification full-time experience in internal auditing or external auditing. Ideally at least one year of this post-qualification experience to be with a Big 4 Public Accounting firm
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification
Why Work for Zeevo Group
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, the opportunities available to you at Zeevo will help you realize your career aspirations.
Zeevo is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Please note this job description is not comprehensive of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.
Apply for this position